"I think about you. But I don’t say it anymore."
- Marguerite Duras, from Hiroshima, Mon Amour (via violentwavesofemotion)
"I am figuring out which parts of my personality are mine
and which ones I created to please you."
- The Dust On This Poem Could Choke You/ Lora Mathis lora-mathis (via possibilityofliving)
- Other people’s success is not your failure
Ad Reinhardt: Art As Art.
(Source: hollyisaheadcase, via cemeteryofskulls)
"Of all the cats devoted to Dionysus, [the panther] was not only the most graceful and fascinating but also the most savage and bloodthirsty. The lightning-fast agility and perfect elegance of its movements, whose purpose is murder, exhibit the same union of beauty and fatal danger found in the mad women who accompany Dionysus. Their savagery, too, fascinates those who watch them, and yet it is the eruption of the dreadful impulse to pounce on the prey, tear it to pieces and devour its flesh raw."
- Walter F. Otto, ‘Dionysus: Myth and Cult’ (via millymcaulay)
(Source: argonauticae, via cemeteryofskulls)
"One cannot shape the world without being reshaped in the process. Each gain of power requires its own sacrifice."
- Phil Hine, Condensed Chaos: An Introduction to Chaos Magic (via gobrightly)